There are many jobs and projects that suit your talents and interests! If you would like to volunteer for any of the jobs listed below, please contact us! Any help that you can give us is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
JOBS THAT NEED TO BE DONE:
- RESEARCH – Are you interested in learning more about the history of Douglas County? Does genealogy intrigue you? This volunteer job would take you to the Court House to look up birth, marriage and death records. Or to the Superior Public Library to look through the microfilm of old newspapers for stories, obituaries or events. DCHS has a large photograph collection members of the public would like to own. Training will be provided. Hours are flexible.
- GARDENING – Do you enjoy gardening? The Douglas County Historical Society needs someone to do light gardening of the beds in front of the museum and behind under the Palace Theatre Mural to keep them looking attractive and healthy. Hours are seasonal, as needed basis.
- CARPENTER– Do you like woodworking? DCHS is looking for a volunteer to help when exhibit and theatre props are needed. The ideal volunteer should have woodworking experience, basic power tool experience, a basic knowledge of materials, the ability to read and or create plans from concept drawings. Hours are flexible and as needed.
- EVENT VOLUNTEER – Whether it be a History Sunday, Historic Pub Crawl, or History Theatre we could use your help. We are always in need of volunteers to help greet, write up sales in the museum store, provide cookies, bars, or cake, make coffee and help serve, and support manning the ticket office. This is an as-needed volunteer position for someone who loves working with staff, other volunteer and the public.
- ORGANIZING – Cataloging pictures is an on-going project. We use a software program called “PastPerfect”. One of our Collections Committee members can teach you how to input new and existing artifacts and archival material.
Join one of our committees!
- Fund raising
- Sales and Publications